Job Openings at Our Kelowna Store
Career Match Quiz
- Do you debate AB, RBI, HR and ERA with your friends?
- Do you check what's in a person's golf bag before saying “Yes” to a round of golf?
- Do you know what “Hat Trick” stands for and why in a certain city an octopus is involved?
- Do you enjoy working alongside sports-minded, energetic, fun people?
- Do you like getting great discounts on cool sports gear?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, we'd love to meet you.
At Play It Again Sports, we offer:
- Full and part-time positions
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules that compliment your busy life
- A great employee discount
Download* a Job Application. Either fill out the application online, save it and email it to us or print, fill out and bring it to the store.
*You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader 8.0 or above to view ,print and fill out the application. Save your changes and email application to your nearest location. If you are unable to complete the application online, please print out the application, fill it out by hand and bring it to the store.
Now Hiring for a:
Gear Guru Full-Time
Play It Again Sports Kelowna is looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Gear Guru.
Play It Again Sports is a franchise with over 350 locations across Canada and the US. What makes Play It Again Sports unique from other sporting goods retailers is that we sell both brand name new and used sports gear. Our motto is to "Keep sports affordable for Okanagan Families" by providing the opportunity to trade in their gently used gear for equipment that is more suitable to their current needs.
Here's what you'll do as our Gear Guru:
As a Gear Guru, you’ll provide sound knowledge and advice to our customers on all sports products sold in the store. Excellent customer service is your top priority. Your outgoing personality and optimistic attitude will ensure every customer has a positive experience in our store and will return again as a result of the service they received.
You have knowledge and practical experience in a number of the following areas:
- Baseball / Softball
- Winter Sports (i.e. skiing, snowboarding, etc.)
It would also be a benefit if you had experience in the following:
- A fast paced retail environment with supervisory experience
- Sharing knowledge in a wide variety of sports related activities
- Sports equipment, buying and servicing
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing exceptional customer service in all areas of the store
- Communicating with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Applying product knowledge in order to recommend the right product and service based on the customer’s needs
- Sharing your knowledge with other staff members and coaching on all aspects of the gear we sell
Here’s what we’ll provide you:
- A competitive hourly wage
- A monthly bonus program based on meeting the stores sales targets
- Discounts on both new and used gear
- A flexible schedule so that you can balance both your work and lifestyle priorities
- A fun and respectful place to work
Here’s what you provide:
- A passion for sports and people
- A broad knowledge of various types of sporting equipment with active participation in a number of sports
- The ability to be a positive member of a high performing team
- Reliability - you’re always on time and always ready to do your part
- A ‘glass half full’ approach to life
- Excellent interpersonal skills
At Play It Again Sports Kelowna, we pride ourselves on having jobs that are an extension of our lifestyle with a flexible schedule of work and play. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kelowna, BC V1X 7G9
|Mon:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Tues:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Wed:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Thu:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Fri:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sat:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sun:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|